School Overview

Built in 1950, Anthony Elementary was named after several generations of the Anthony Family who were influential in the Leavenworth community. The first member of the family, Daniel R. Anthony, came to Leavenworth in 1854 with the first Emigrant Aid Company that brought Free State settlers to vote against Kansas becoming a slave state. His sister was the well known suffragette Susan B. Anthony.   

Anthony Elementary was newly renovated in 2010, adding an updated exterior and much needed square footage. The main entry is completely new, and interior renovations included new flooring, paint, ceilings, heating, cooling, and lighting. The dining hall and kitchen underwent upgrades, and the new library is double the size. The building also includes a FEMA certified storm shelter to ensure the highest level of student safety.
Please follow us on twitter @AnthonyUSD453